Students often don’t understand the reason for their poor marks. They try their level best to gather all the means of earning good marks but still they fail to do so. The main reason behind this situation is disoriented and scattered study space. Doesn’t matter how much a student studies, if the study space is scattered and unplanned then it will definitely create distractions and will devastate the whole learning process.
Tidy and neat learning space helps the students to focus on topics and learning and makes them concentrate on what they want. Students not only study at their work space but also, they prepare several class notes there and a well-organized study space makes them do so easily and properly. Such notes are very important for them to prepare for their studies and preparation of exams. Although students these days spend most of the time on learning through online education and education apps supported by. These LMS portals help students a lot. But still for preparation and for grave study they need a particular study space where they can concentrate on their study material and can read and learn without any distractions.
It is also found in research works of several scholars that atmosphere means a lot in the matter of learning and studying. Atmosphere around study space creates focus and boosts up concentration which makes the student earn good grades. Research has also proved that when students study, they should be studying in a comfortable mode so that they can grab study materials more and more. So, let’s have a glance on how they can organize their study space to have a good academic performance:
- When students think of making their study space organized, they need to understand that correct posture of studying is very necessary or else it can cause backache and neck pain which can disturb the learning process. So, students need to have a proper chair which can keep the back of the students straight and a comfortable chair on which students can complete their study work properly without any issues.
- By organizing the study space means to arrange the study materials in such an order that everything should be in reach of a hand and the student should not have to stand again and again from his or her study space. Students should decide a particular dimension around the study table under which from pen and pencil to bottle of water should be reachable. This makes students avoid the chances of deviation while grave study.
- Students should also take care of one thing which is very essential for the health of the eyes and that is proper sunlight. Students should have to study in natural light. This is so the body will get ample amount of sunlight which is very necessary for the wellness of body and mind. Apart from this proper sunlight is also necessary for the health of the eyes. When students study in deem light then it affects the eyesight of the students and compels them to wear spectacles in. That is why it is necessary that study space should have proper sunlight for studying.
- The most important factor for an organized study space is that there should be no distractions like TV, people talking in loud voices, family members playing music in high volume, android phone continuously beeping for messages or you yourself thinking about doing laundry and other responsibilities. So, this should be made sure by the student while studying that no distractions should be there for a sound study and due to this student can concentrate and focus on the learning process and study materials he or she has to focus on.
- Things should not be kept in a scattered manner around the study space. Studies say that scattered and clutter around the study space creates distractions and hinders concentration and focus on the topics and subjects while learning. So, students need to keep the books and other study materials at their original space after their use.
- Students should decorate their study space with colourful papers and wallpapers. Colours have a deep impact on the thinking power of an individual. Simultaneously, motivation is the catalyst which makes students learn so students should stick some motivational quotes around their study space, which can inspire them for learning.